S P E C I A L I Z A T I O N
Humanities, Literature, Drama, Screen-plays, Social Sciences, General
E X P E R I E N C E
FROM RUSSIAN INTO ENGLISH:
• "Lost in Eden", screenplay by Michael Aminov (2007), a post-apocalyptic parable.
• "Between Two Fires", screenplay by Michael Aminov (2003-2004), based on the life of Josephus Flavius and his work "The Jewish War".
• “Post-Soviet Central Asia: Integration or Disintegration?”, research paper by Vladimir Babak, Cummings Center for Russian and East European Studies, Tel Aviv University (for The Tenth Annual Central Eurasian Studies Conference, Indiana University, Bloomigton, Indiana, USA, April 2003).
• “The Traitor”, epic screenplay by Michael Aminov. (2001)
• “CIS Environment and Disarmament Yearbook”, nos. 1/1998 and 2/1999, the Mayrock Center for Russian, Eurasian and East European Research, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
• “Environmental Policy Review. The CIS and Eastern Europe”, The Mayrock Center…, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Vols. 9 (no. 2); 10 (nos.1 and 2) and 11 (nos. 1 and 2). (1995-1998).
• “Berezovsky, Bortnyansky and the Russian Music in the 18thCentury”, a book by Prof. Marina Rytsareva, Bar Ilan University. (1998)
Various articles, researches, documentary materials and papers for “The Soviet Union and The Middle East, A Monthly Summary and News Analysis of the Soviet and East European Press”, for The Mayrock Center for Russian, Eurasian and East European Research, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. (1986-1995)
FROM ROMANIAN INTO ENGLISH:
• “The Romanian Jewry from 1945 till 1960”, a book by Liviu Rotman, Bar Ilan University.
• “Romanian-Jewish Studies”, Nos. 1, 2 and 3. Jerusalem.
• “Documents Concerning the Fate of the Romanian Jewry During the Holocaust”, The Beate Klarsfeld Foundation, Vols. XI-XII, New York.
• “Resisting the Storm, Romania 1940-1947, Memoirs” by Alexandre Safran, Yad Vashem, Jerusalem, 1987. Reprint: Gefen Books, October 1996. USA
FROM HEBREW INTO ROMANIAN
• “Eu Revendic!” (I Claim!) – Poetry by Moshe Liba, Hasefer Publishing House, Bucharest, Romania, 2013.
• “Broken Wings” – subtitles for feature film, 2003.
• “Poker Face” – subtitles for feature film, 2003.
• “Beni, Beni” – subtitles for feature film, 2003.
• “Manual/Course for Caregivers”, Eshet/“Studio Godelli”, Rishon le Zion. 2001
FROM RUSSIAN INTO ROMANIAN:
• “Ivan Vassilyevitch”, a play by M.A.Bulgakov, for the L.S.Bulandra Theatre, Bucharest, Romania.
• “Maria”, a play by Isaak Babel, for the L.S.Bulandra Theatre, Bucharest, Romania.
Various texts for the Univers Publishing House and the Center for Research and Documentation of the Romanian Academy for Social Sciences, Bucharest, Romania.
OTHER LANGUAGE COMBINATIONS:
English into Romanian – Various promotional texts and user manuals for Whirlpool/Electra and a promotional video for “Elbit” (Studio Godelli).
French into Romanian, Romanian and Russian into English – various papers and researches for international conferences for Yad Vashem, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem and Tel Aviv University.
E D U C A T I O N
MA in Comparative Literature from the University of Bucharest, Romania, Department of Foreign Languages, Russian and English.
MEMBER: Israel Translators Association (www.ita.org.il).
L A N G U A G E S
English - Romanian (native)
Hebrew - Romanian (native)
Russian - Romanian (native)
Russian - English
Romanian - English
E Q U I P M E N T
C O N T A C T
4 Halamit st., Ap. 11
68078 Tel Aviv